Author Topic: The Countdown Thread (wherein we prognosticate the demise of SA).  (Read 6218 times)

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Sasstronaut Libertarian Motorcyclist
    • Awards
The Countdown Thread (wherein we prognosticate the demise of SA).
« on: September 15, 2012, 01:22:10 PM »
+1
I say three more years. Lowtax will claim that he got a new job with a big firm writing sketch comedy or commercials or some kind of marketing. He will say that he has to transfer his intellectual property rights in SA and the new owner will mysteriously pull the plug one day.

That shit ain't long for this world. Ozma (fat) can't run it alone and lowtax has got to be tired of it.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Dog-O-Tron 5000v4.1

• DoxxMine
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Retired and loving it
  • Awards Metal Fan Classicist You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin old Took down a Moderator Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Bah Jaysus! Sasstronaut
    • Awards
Re: The Countdown Thread (wherein we prognosticate the demise of SA).
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »
SA is probably a comfortable and relatively effortless income generator for Lowtax. Even if revenue is down, well, it's a down economy. And he does have a dedicated userbase who have proven they will pay for shit they could get free elsewhere. So, he will probably just let things continue as they have been. SA will continue to grow, lose relevance, and become even more of a shell/parody of its former self than it already has. If or when he decides to sell it, and SA becomes part of a huge media conglomerate, it will be as pervasive and meaningless as facebook. He will prob have to sign a noncompete that will keep him from starting another forum, or might even net a tidy little stipend just to post there, so that ubergoons and the whole of FYAD would not defect en masse to wherever he started posting next. That's my two cents.

I agree with most of this, except the part where Lowtax could ever sell it. That ship sailed a long time ago. SA is beyond irrelevant now.

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Alconauts
  • Cishet White Male
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:12 PM »
I'd buy it for :10bux:  :smug:

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous tfw no gf because jews BYOB Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 03:12:54 PM »
I'd buy it for :10bux:  :smug:

Think of the e-cred you could get!  :allears:
(Real amount:  :lolno: )
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Sasstronaut Libertarian Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »
Around 2004 Lowtax could have had some pretty decent pussy from the forums. I think now only the most loathesome of hambeasts would sling her haunches his way and pity would be much of the impetus. All women are repulsed by depressed men.

The Gay Avenger

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »
What happened to Lowtax's Asian wife?

High Impact Sexbot 2020

• Alconauts
  • Cishet White Male
  • 18+
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Killed in the Line of Posting TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Strayan Better dead than red
    • I got it in spades.
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 11:57:19 AM »
What happened to Lowtax's Asian wife?

Half of his assets  :smug:

The Gay Avenger

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 02:26:34 PM »
Actually, I'm curious to hear the whole story about Lowtax and his Asian wife. Anyone got details about the saga?

Harry D Greek

• Cishet White Male
  • http://i.imgur.com/U2hZuN9.png
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:25:23 PM »
Around 2004 Lowtax could have had some pretty decent pussy from the forums. I think now only the most loathesome of hambeasts would sling her haunches his way and pity would be much of the impetus. All women are repulsed by depressed men.

If he was willing to alternate his lifestyle, he could easily find a transgendered life partner on his forums. Misery does love company, right?
Quote from: a man with an asymmetrical haircut
This was posted on the page before, but I was only able to catch up on this thread now. I'd like to point out that not all lesbian relationships have two vaginas, and it really sucks as a queer trans woman to hear this sort of generalization all the time.

Quote from: Vargo
Just realized Billy Oceans "get out of my dreams (and into my car)" is pretty blatantly about street harassment

The Gay Avenger

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 08:03:22 PM »
Who was Lowtax's first wife?

veteran of forum wars

• Domestic Threat
  • This is where you fuckers went.
  • Awards TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Anonymous tfw no gf because jews BYOB Sasstronaut
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 10:18:44 PM »
Who was Lowtax's first wife?

His right hand  :joe:
Why can't Ozma die(t) :smug:

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 02:04:28 PM »
♫ Ive got, two tickets to Lees Summit, MO. pack your LAN kit we leeeeave to night ♫ ♬  :allears:
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

polonium

• Alconauts
  • Cishet White Male
  • The rarest pepe
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin'
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2012, 05:25:29 AM »
If low tax ever shut the forums down, some king-goon would recreate it in a nanosecond. If not in its entirety then the individual subfora would pop up all around, like internet acne. I doubt you'd even have to wait a day.

Justice Dredd

• Original Patients
  • Cishet White Male
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2012, 09:53:36 AM »
It would never come close to getting recreated because goons are cliquish and can't put aside petty squabbles for more than two seconds. Look at the MMO forums and see how many variations of groups there are for a single vidya game; it's good goons.txt fodder if you're willing to waste an hour figuring out the he-said she-said of it all

polonium

• Alconauts
  • Cishet White Male
  • The rarest pepe
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2012, 10:20:09 AM »
They're cliquish but they're sheep. If one person made a mirror of a forum, the rest would post there.

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 06:13:56 PM »
I agree that they could never get anything accomplished. Not only that, but 25 different IK's would pop up expecting to be the NeoLotax. They'd never get a cohesive group.

polonium

• Alconauts
  • Cishet White Male
  • The rarest pepe
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 06:40:28 PM »
I dunno, there are already cohesive spin-off forums that exist. All you'd need is to get one superstar hat the other goons fawn over and you'd be good to go.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Space Racists
  • Cishet White Male
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:54 PM »
I think for the longest time that the goonfleet forum was almost like the old SA. That was a good forum. Even the old BTB forums aren't bad off.
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
I dunno, there are already cohesive spin-off forums that exist. All you'd need is to get one superstar hat the other goons fawn over and you'd be good to go.
Like we did with Hangly?

Michael Vick

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Fascist Deplorables Scrooge For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! You can't know! Classicist Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 03:41:33 AM »
+5
I say three more years. Lowtax will claim that he got a new job with a big firm writing sketch comedy or commercials or some kind of marketing. He will say that he has to transfer his intellectual property rights in SA and the new owner will mysteriously pull the plug one day.

That shit ain't long for this world. Ozma (fat) can't run it alone and lowtax has got to be tired of it.

The prophecy did not come true.

Man, I was hoping this place would live to see SA die.

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 03:50:40 AM »
+6
Shit, I was way off.

URANIUM CURES HIPPIES

• Alconauts
  • Enemy Of The State
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon On Pohjolan hangissa meill' isänmaa You can't know!
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2019, 07:30:31 AM »
Shit, I was way off.

The only way it'll go offline is when Lowtax finally goes completely broke.