Author Topic: Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread  (Read 1010655 times)

PUSSY CANCER

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Jew
    • Awards
Re: Random Posts from the Feminism and Gender Equality Thread
« Reply #2500 on: August 07, 2013, 02:24:59 PM »
Quote from: Serious Cephalopod
My main beef with language genderisation in English isn't that is exists- it's a great linguistic tool to get across an idea with less words. My issue is that the default or original word is designated as "male" and a special word has to be constructed for women, so that they can be kept separate.

I would be totally down if we were wocomics or werecomics and referred to as comics as a whole. I would be ecstatic if we were still women and weremen, and men as a whole. Making up different names for work if it is done by a woman in English as it currently is makes me think that it is a conscious or unconscious effort to keep us as a separate second class.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 02:25:44 PM by PUSSY CANCER »
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttttttttttt

PUSSY CANCER

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Jew
    • Awards
« Reply #2501 on: August 07, 2013, 02:26:43 PM »
Clearly it is the English language that is keeping women as second class citizens  :lolno:

PUSSY CANCER

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2502 on: August 07, 2013, 02:28:53 PM »
Quote from: Stormageddon

I mean, that's exactly it, though. I don't really get involved personally with social justice stuff because I'm about as white dude as you can get, and my social anxiety is murder in large groups, even in groups I agree with(and it's not just physical groups, like even online stuff like Twitter set off panic attacks because even though I agree with people, it overwhelms me). And I don't believe in shushing people when they are angry about things they are rightfully angry about, it's just something I personally had to remove myself from because I was blessed with weird chemical balances in my brain. I associate myself more with the quiet academic side of things, and it drives me nuts to see people like Watson driven out of the popular image of the community, especially since they seem to get it more than sheltered babies like Dawkins. So really, I'd like to be involved with the social justice side of academics, it just seems every time them come up, it's about how they are being removed from the conversation by their peers.

As far as religion goes, it's insane the disconnect there is between actual academics and the "fan-boys" of sciences a la Reddit. Religion is one of the most interesting subjects in the world and minds like Neil Tyson have a respect for it because it's this vast unknown subject that's existed throughout human history, and finds the act of limp dismissal to be against the nature of inquiry itself. But you aren't gonna see his quotes that say atheism is statement of certainty of such levels of arrogance he doesn't even want to toe the line of next to a picture of him and a bunch of stars.

Fuck you, reddit.

narcissism.txt

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2503 on: August 07, 2013, 02:45:56 PM »
Stormageddon must be constantly suffering anxiety attacks while posting at SA then.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Still Your Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #2504 on: August 07, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »
Stormageddon must be constantly suffering anxiety attacks while posting at SA then.

I was thinking the same thing.  Holy crap.  And to take the name as a screen name.  More like screamageddon, amirite?

PUSSY CANCER

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2505 on: August 07, 2013, 03:29:18 PM »
"I can't go out in public, so you womyn do all the work and I'll write an academic paper in my mother's basement"  :unparsons:

Babomb

• Unperson
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon old 420 United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #2506 on: August 07, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
Of all the fat, ugly bitter virgins who sit here bitching about a forum they were banned from for being stupid faggots, who is the fattest and bitterest?
The person sitting in front of your computer.

Come back when posting opinions on SA that are contrary to Ozma's isn't a bannable/probatable offense and we can talk.

Launchpad McQuack

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2507 on: August 08, 2013, 01:44:01 AM »
Well they are back to discussing the big issues facing women today. A man who's blood boils at having to hear the word coed used.

Quote from: Baronjutter
If we're talking about gendered words that boil our blood can I throw out "co-ed" ?  A man is a "student" but a female student is a "co-ed" ??  I don't hear it used at all here in Canada by anyone under 60 but I still hear it unironically used by some Americans.  I'll hear shit like "Yeah there's a lot of hot co-eds at my new college!" or in totally formal settings like newspaper articles saying shit like "A group of co-eds cited for alcohol consumption in campus housing".  I only recently learned what the word even meant/it's origin.

I didn't even know fiance and fiancee were different terms.  Two people planning on getting married? They're each other's fiance's as far as I'm concerned.  Anyone tellin' jokes for money is a comedian, I barely knew the female gendered version of the word even existed and thought it's just an archaic term no one uses.  I only sometimes use actress.  Thinking about now though it's weird,  I'll call people in movies/hollywood actress but in live theater or something I "respect" more I'll often just call them all actors.  I didn't even think about that until this moment and it totally reinforced the idea that an "actress" is a less worthy title that I was carrying subconsciously.

What do we call women doctors though? Doctress?

Quote from: Tiggum
I hear it all the time on American TV shows and it's really weird. Why are people still saying this?

Quote from: DoctorWhat
My folks watch obscene amounts of procedural dramas and those shows ALWAYS say co-ed. We're talking "underpants"-in-Futurama levels of dedication to a linguistic meme here.

Quote from: HEGEL CURES THESES
And for fuck's sake, don't say "I am an alumni"! That's the masculine plural. You are either an alumnus or an alumna or, if you must, an "alum." More than one alumnus = "alumni," more than one alumna = "alumnae."

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 01:45:07 AM by Launchpad McQuack »

Stroker Ace

• Enemy Of The State
  • Awards For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #2508 on: August 08, 2013, 02:15:30 AM »
+1
Well they are back to discussing the big issues facing women today. A man who's blood boils at having to hear the word coed used.
Quote from: HEGEL CURES THESES
And for fuck's sake, don't say "I am an alumni"! That's the masculine plural. You are either an alumnus or an alumna or, if you must, an "alum." More than one alumnus = "alumni," more than one alumna = "alumnae."

HEGEL your autism is showing

THIS IS WHAT A (MALE) FEMINIST LOOKS LIKE
Quote from: Stormageddon" post="418183151
Bonobo sex is hot as fuck. Who WOULDN'T be turned on by that?

quote:

Iím 5í9Ē and weigh 228 pounds, so according to the Body-Mass Index I am obese. Not morbidly obese but obese nonetheless. Itís also mainly on my stomach and I have scrawny arms. Oh, and my thighs chafe .

Not sure if it helps, but you are almost my exact build, and have had few issues with getting dates. There's nothing morbid about your weight. Sure, we need work, who doesn't, but unless you're rocking a Quasimodo face, you're still well within attractive.

I WAS SO HIGH I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO PUNCH MY WIFE IN THE BACK OF THE NECK TO PROVE THAT WHAT I WAS EXPERIENCING WAS NOT REAL.

Huffington Post

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2509 on: August 08, 2013, 05:08:07 AM »
+1
Quote from: Stormageddon" post="418183151
Bonobo sex is hot as fuck. Who WOULDN'T be turned on by that?

quote:

Iím 5í9Ē and weigh 228 pounds, so according to the Body-Mass Index I am obese. Not morbidly obese but obese nonetheless. Itís also mainly on my stomach and I have scrawny arms. Oh, and my thighs chafe .

Not sure if it helps, but you are almost my exact build, and have had few issues with getting dates. There's nothing morbid about your weight. Sure, we need work, who doesn't, but unless you're rocking a Quasimodo face, you're still well within attractive.

:lolno:

30 Year Old Scrotal Sack

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Metal Fan Drinkin' and Postin' 420 Deutscher
    • Awards
« Reply #2510 on: August 08, 2013, 06:53:59 AM »
That is why they Need Feminism(tm).

reactionary

• Unperson
  • Awards Autistic Jew
    • Awards
« Reply #2511 on: August 08, 2013, 07:07:46 AM »
Wearing a fedora: ugly as hell
BMI>30, not muscle: still attractive

(not intended as a defense of fedoras)
god > man > horse > woman > dog

unprivsplain

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2512 on: August 08, 2013, 08:13:06 AM »
5'9 228lbs is super fat and is within that range of where if they put like any effort at all into themselves they'd instantly drop 30 pounds.

cis scum 1.0

• 5000 Posters Club
  • theres no going back
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Took Down an Admin Drinkin' and Postin' Took Out 15 Furries in One Shot Took down a Goon Took down a Moderator Better dead than red Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian Rethuglikkkan cold, dead hands Classicist
    • Awards
« Reply #2513 on: August 08, 2013, 09:00:09 AM »
5'9 228lbs is super fat and is within that range of where if they put like any effort at all into themselves they'd instantly drop 30 pounds.

30 pounds? :lolno:

We're not talking about someone who has any muscle mass, motherfucker's got to drop at least 70 pounds at least in order to reach a normal and not overweight BMI. 30 pounds he's still going to be fat. I mean fuck, even a 6'2" is considered overweight at 200 pounds.

Rape Artist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2514 on: August 08, 2013, 12:43:46 PM »

We're not talking about someone who has any muscle mass, motherfucker's got to drop at least 70 pounds at least in order to reach a normal and not overweight BMI. 30 pounds he's still going to be fat. I mean fuck, even a 6'2" is considered overweight at 200 pounds.

I think his point was, if you're that much of a tubbo it's super easy to knock off 30 pounds quickly. You'll still be fat but you'll be much better off and in a better position to get fit.

BTW 5'9" 228 is "fat as fuck"

Babomb

• Unperson
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon old 420 United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #2515 on: August 08, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »

I think his point was, if you're that much of a tubbo it's super easy to knock off 30 pounds quickly. You'll still be fat but you'll be much better off and in a better position to get fit.

BTW 5'9" 228 is "fat as fuck"

5'9" 228 is rolly polley kind of fat.  Put you on your side and roll your fat ass around.  You are in danger of not being able to fit through doors or walk around.  Its time to stop eating that junk food, I don't care if its the only thing in your life that hasnt called you a fat fucking piece of shit waste of space you need to put the junk food down, turn off your computer, and go outside.  Get some walking in.  As a fat fuck it'll take some time, but learn to manage your food intake and get some bloody excercise you fat fuck.

Oh, right, I forgot, this would involve taking personal responsibility for yourself.  Goons refuse to take personal responsibility even for things that are directly influenced by their actions, like eating a cake, by themselves.  Every day.

BubbaCat

• Cishet White Male
  • Still Your Machiavellian House Negro
  • Awards old Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Sasstronaut Anonymous
    • Awards
« Reply #2516 on: August 08, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »
My buddy is a verified 204lbs at 5'6".  His waist is a 36, and I think a he wears a 44 jacket.  I think your definition of rolling and not-fitting-through-a-door-kind-of-fat are a little off unless the person in question has almost zero muscle mass.  He is by no means the definition of fit and slim, but he not a blob.  Your waist is not bigger than your shoulders at your example demo, which I think is required to his massive on the fat scale.

Babomb

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2517 on: August 08, 2013, 03:26:12 PM »
I was, of course, exagerating.

300 lb + is more the rolly polly.  I've seen someone who had to be 400 lbs.  When you are a guy and have full on tits, when your gut hangs down and covers your dick, and your gut is wider than your shoulders, you done fucked up.

furly_ghost

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #2518 on: August 08, 2013, 03:32:49 PM »
+1
i hate fat people
A toddler and a flying dog CANNOT do work intended for an adult human. I wish my parents would believe me.

[SWOLE]Grode Jar

• Grand Inquisitors
  • Cishet White Male
  • Shitlord
  • Awards Metal Fan Deplorables Generation Identitaire Drinkin' and Postin' old United Statesian Better dead than red The Gentry Goon or Ex-Goon Scrooge For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #2519 on: August 08, 2013, 04:23:43 PM »

It's not superfat if you have lots of muscle.  That's fat if you don't workout and do nothing like a goon, but not if you workout all the time.  That's close to my size (I'm an inch taller and weigh around 235) and I'm just generally a big guy due to my squatty body type (huge broad shoulders, large chest, big legs).  I workout all the time and I'm probably in the 1000 bench/squat/deadlift club (I don't ever max because that's how you injure yourself, so I don't exactly know where I am on that list). 

Am I overweight?  Sure, which is why I'm trying to drop some weight now.  Unlike goons however, I'm not making excuses for myself being overweight, it's my own damn fault.

Autistic Yankee

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Autistic cold, dead hands The Gentry old Boy Scout Californian Better dead than red Scrooge Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2520 on: August 08, 2013, 04:49:57 PM »

It's not superfat if you have lots of muscle.  That's fat if you don't workout and do nothing like a goon, but not if you workout all the time.  That's close to my size (I'm an inch taller and weigh around 235) and I'm just generally a big guy due to my squatty body type (huge broad shoulders, large chest, big legs).  I workout all the time and I'm probably in the 1000 bench/squat/deadlift club (I don't ever max because that's how you injure yourself, so I don't exactly know where I am on that list). 

Am I overweight?  Sure, which is why I'm trying to drop some weight now.  Unlike goons however, I'm not making excuses for myself being overweight, it's my own damn fault.

God damn.  I'm 5'9" and I weight like 178.  You is a big dude.
:lomo2:    :lomo2:  
Chomp!  I'll totally be motivated to get off my ass, overcome my social anxiety and fear of failure and go to college once Bernie Sanders gives it to me for free like a handy from Lomos mom in an Arby's Men's room-I mean a Gender Inclusive Rest Facility.

Rape Artist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2521 on: August 08, 2013, 04:58:54 PM »

You're fat

Aran

• Doxxnet
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Ave Maria Anonymous stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2522 on: August 08, 2013, 06:10:28 PM »
No I'm fat. I'm 6'2", 325.

level 69 memelord

• Unperson
  • Emo Tablecloth Salesman
  • Awards old Wounded Multiple Times in the Line of Posting Murderer Ambien posting Californian Lithuanian DeVry
    • Awards
« Reply #2523 on: August 08, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »

not sure if i believe you what with your wife being decent looking and all that jazz...
Trigger warning: the second video contains powerful audio of the manís fragmented urine stream.

Aran

• Doxxnet
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Ave Maria Anonymous stormfront Took down a Moderator Motorcyclist Goon or Ex-Goon The Gentry cold, dead hands You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #2524 on: August 08, 2013, 06:13:22 PM »

not sure if i believe you what with your wife being decent looking and all that jazz...

I haven't lied yet, why would I start now, with that lie?