Author Topic: LOWTAX THREAD  (Read 427980 times)

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
Re: LOWTAX THREAD
« Reply #5825 on: March 10, 2019, 03:34:15 AM »
+6
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884125

Lowtax is apparently broke. Chinkwife on evaporating child support dollars suicide watch.

David Mushroom Hedgehogstein

• Knights
  • Cishet White Male
  • Member of Jew Club
  • Awards Goon or Ex-Goon Swear on me mum m8 old
    • Awards
« Reply #5826 on: March 10, 2019, 05:00:16 AM »
Aww they even put a help button on the top for him!

[L.N.E]Giblets [22|Dec 10:40 AM]:   hey mushroom remember that day we were strugging and dog-o was like I'M GONNA PULL THE FUCKIN' PLUG and we both went "do it" and he just kinda limped out that was a good day and I guess what I'm saying is, well, we've not always seen eye to eye but I think our emotional bond is way deeper and stronger than any old nonsense about ideology or my low testosterone or your ridiculous handsomeness and wit and, well, it's long overdue, but David Mushroom Hedgehogstein, will you marry me?

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian
    • Awards
« Reply #5827 on: March 10, 2019, 06:13:09 PM »
+6
Quote from: Lowtax's dogshit bad stream
If you haven't tuned in to the recent streams, I'm trying to raise money for neurosurgery.  Yet another vertebrae in my neck has collapsed, and I've been suffering from random complete paralysis in my left arm.  It's great and awesome, especially since I'm already $60,000 in debt from medical expenses.

a scientist should send Lowtax some money for the data regarding how badly the body can collapse if you avoid any form of work for 20 years

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Sasstronaut Libertarian Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #5828 on: March 10, 2019, 06:40:30 PM »
+5
I think Lowtax overshares.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

Ass Diamond

• Unperson
  • Million dollar dumps, taken daily
  • Awards KURWA Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Rethuglikkkan Motorcyclist Soldier cold, dead hands The Gentry Texan
    • Awards
« Reply #5829 on: March 11, 2019, 04:44:24 AM »
+5
Time to suck off that scattergun Richard. The earth awaits your bones.

Doctor Jizzmopper

• Space Racists
  • Cishet White Male
  • ~*Panzer Katze*~
  • Awards Deplorables Took Down an Admin
    • Awards
« Reply #5830 on: March 11, 2019, 03:30:46 PM »
+4
A/T: Which kind of cheap shotgun ammo is the best for installing a skylight in your skull?
My favorite Aatrek episode is "City on the Edge of A School Zone"

Kevin Dawes was sold out by Eliot Higgins.

Spanish Manlove is Luis Franco-Waite

The Postal Dude: I suppose it would have been more politically correct to kill the women and the minorities first.

Dr. Hatchet-Wound

• Cishet White Male
  • Head, Dangerous & Elective surgery Mazzoni Center
  • Awards Drinkin' and Postin' Scrooge Goon or Ex-Goon United Statesian Better dead than red Libertarian cold, dead hands The Gentry 420 old
    • Awards
« Reply #5831 on: March 11, 2019, 03:56:38 PM »
+3
Hevi shot, duh. It's gone through rigorous and extensive goon-testing.

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! cold, dead hands old Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Wounded in the line of posting. TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! Sasstronaut Libertarian Motorcyclist
    • Awards
« Reply #5832 on: March 11, 2019, 04:15:14 PM »
You can make a slug with bird shot and wax.

DegeneracyCulture

• Citizen In Good Standing
    • Awards
« Reply #5833 on: March 12, 2019, 05:19:39 AM »
+4
Lowtax every morning

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5834 on: March 12, 2019, 11:53:17 AM »
+3
Quote from: Lowtax
Oh Jesus I'm so fucking broke that I literally have a negative balance on my checking account... thank you, outrageous medical bills and bastard pharmaceutical companies. I'm like $60,000 in debt because of all the shit I've been through the last two years. Had two vertebrae in my neck just completely break apart, causing the entire nervous system on the left side of my body to eventually seize up into so much pain that I collapsed because I couldn't control the entire left side of my body (after four months of me three different telling doctors I'm suffering from nerve pain, and them insisting it was actually muscle pain, and would give me muscle relaxers that didn't do jack shit) and had to get taken to the ER. They got my insurance and after six hours of waiting, they brought me in and did a bunch of tests and next day said "yeah, it's nerve pain, C5 and C7 in your neck collapsed, and pieces of your broken discs are actually being pushed out of your spine, and if you don't get immediate surgery to fix it, you'll probably suffer a stroke and die." So that was cool. Then I find a neurologist and I give him the CD they give you of all your test results, and he asked, "why did they do all these tests on you? Most of these were completely unnecessary," and I said I have no fucking idea. He removed the discs, put metal or plastic or some shit into my neck, and fused them together. They gave me fentanyl and I was like "dear christ, life is good, I'm not injured at all, I want to dance." Then it turns out that I actually have to be basically in bed for a fucking year or some such shit, which is pretty much where I've been the last fucking year or some shit.

Okay so after the surgery, about a month after I visited the ER, the ER calls me and says "we don't take your insurance." I asked what, and they said "yeah we don't take it, sorry." Then came a fucking bill for over $60,000. THAT'S why they ran all the stupid ass tests, to spike the bill." So my wife is from Canada, and she made the mistake of sending them some money to get them off our backs. It didn't work, and they sent it to a collection agency. So now my credit is fucked and I'm in the hole for sixty grand.

And here's another cool part. About six months ago, I noticed my left hand would get paralyzed when I was doing random shit (not jerking off). I ignored it because I'm trying to never see a fucking doctor again. However, the paralysis has gotten more and more frequent. So I sucked it up and went back to the neurologist. He took an MRI and said "oh, when I did your fusion, I noticed some degradation in C3, but at the time it wasn't bad enough for me to operate on." You absolutely fucking know where this is going. The only drug I can take to prevent my arm from locking up is Lyrica, and a one month supply is $546. And you know where THIS is absolutely fucking going.

So I've got -$91 in my business checking account because honestly, never in my life, would I expect to just suddenly have my goddamn vertebrae collapse because of reasons (apparently some lucky people just get it and their discs break apart. Has nothing to do with physical activity, so no, Uwe Boll didn't beat the discs out of my neck, it's just a thing random people have. And I'm going to have to go through this AGAIN. And my fucking deductible is $7,000. For office visits, my pharmacy deductible is $7,000 as well. Both different. Thanks insurance industry.

Yeah words, but that's what's been up with me, and I'm going to have to do a fundraiser thing because bandwidth costs are somehow rising here (??? we're dead and gay), and between that and child support and my massive fucking never goddamn ending debt, I'm fucked nine weeks from Sunday. I don't know what that means, but it's bad. And not good. Things are bad with me, and not good.

Okay here comes some honest and serious shit that could be TOO LONG, DID NOT READ for some folks, but I'm throwing it out here anyway.

I've been seriously depressed for a couple years because my injuries and situation has severely limited the things I can do, and it's made me feel absolutely useless and incapable of doing the things I want and need to do. I wasn't able to sit with like a laptop (which I would've had to buy, since I do not own one) and post on the forums about this shit, and even if I could, my depression would not let me. I felt guilty as shit for doing a "poor me" thread here and talking about my situation. I was raised Catholic (no I was not molested), so I have weird guilt things that affect me still. I felt guilty about coming here and talking about this stuff because we've had a fundraiser before (I think either last year or the one before), and whenever I make forums decisions, I do them with the mindset of "if I was an average forum user, how would I personally react to this decision?" My answer was "Jesus this asshole won't stop begging for money, just because he's dumb as shit with finances." I do not know if the average user here feels that way, but in my mind, it felt guilty as hell and not beneficial to the forums.

I've tapped out my 401K, which was $40,000, to cover expenses last year. As a fun fact, my ex-wife got $140,000 of that 401K in the divorce, as she lied about certain things regarding taxes and her lawyer was able to convince the judge that our agreement was not legally binding. That's my fault for not 100% distrusting her, and having her sign an agreement that wasn't like signed by a notary clerk or whatever, because at that time she was giving me the "I just want this divorce to be free of drama, fair for both of us, and not affect the kids." So I blew it because I am a gullible person (my therapist even said that, in his exact words) and repeatedly trust people who have proven to be absolutely untrustworthy, such as a certain individual on the administrative side of things here, but I will not get into that, so please do not ask.

Anyway, in conclusion, I wholeheartedly admit I'm an idiot and sucker, and cannot manage money worth a shit, mostly because I despise dealing with money, and all people who I've ever known that were obsessed with making more and more money were completely unhappy assholes who seemed to never be fulfilled. I just want enough money to live, watch my children grow up, SOMEWHAT manage the things going on in SA (yeah I am guilty as shit of that, but like I said I was raised Catholic), and be happy. People try to troll me and say "DEAR RICHARD, you could've turned SA into a multimillion dollar media empire back in 2005 and YOU WERE TOO STUPID AND YOU WASTED IT." My reply is always the same; I do not want SA to be a big site. I do not want SA to be a big business. I do not want SA to start trying to appeal to the general public, because the general public on the internet fucking sucks shit and I want those braindead idiots as far away from this site as possible. Even if it means losing money, I have to keep this place true to myself, and I have to do what I think is the best thing for the members here. I don't want to fucking spend my day making business decisions. I don't want to spend my day thinking of ways to exploit the users here, and attract more users to exploit. I just fucking want to survive and be happy with what I do.

So there. All this shit is from my heart. I do not have the interest or emotional energy to lie about this shit, and I've always been like that. My honesty might have cost me a lot of money, but that is not my goal in life. Maybe that sounds fake and cliched, I don't know or care, this is all coming from me and who I am. I admit my mistakes and the fact I'm a gullible idiot when it comes to trusting people and believing they do and think what I would do in situations, but again, that's me. Thank you for loving pupkin.

Wish granted.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #5835 on: March 12, 2019, 12:58:30 PM »
+2
"I just want to receive income for life without having to do anything for it." - Lowtax

He was the ubergoon all along.

He was also melting down on twitter on some disused SA account that he just remembered he had.

Edit:
 A perfectly sane and well adjusted individual who just wants to survive and be happy doing what they do.
https://twitter.com/AwfulOffice

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #5836 on: March 12, 2019, 01:39:17 PM »
+2
"I just want to receive income for life without having to do anything for it." - Lowtax

He was the ubergoon all along.

He was also melting down on twitter on some disused SA account that he just remembered he had.

Edit:
 A perfectly sane and well adjusted individual who just wants to survive and be happy doing what they do.
https://twitter.com/AwfulOffice

All he had to do was tweet #learntocode, lowtax is a jumper on the ledge that wont jump for some dumb reason.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 02:44:59 PM by Morty Doom »

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #5837 on: March 12, 2019, 02:44:06 PM »
+1
All he had to do was tweet #learntocode, low tax is a jumper on the ledge that wont jump for some dumb reason.

Just one more thing Low-T fails at

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #5838 on: March 12, 2019, 04:01:56 PM »
+3
So is this a setup for him begging for money? Why does he think that people will give him money anymore?

He has spent his life being mean and while I think we are supposed to be nice anyway to people who are mean to us, the dude is dying by his sword.  Hey, nobody's perfect.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #5839 on: March 12, 2019, 04:27:06 PM »
+1
Remember the $20,000 or whatever he raised to move the forums to modern forum software?
Remember ZDR raising like $12,000 to pay for the christmas furlough that he knew was coming for a whole year, saying he was going to spend the two weeks working on the forums and then doing nothing but ban wrongthink?

Yeah, stop remembering them. Lowtax has bills and is too much a of sexhaving jokeman to get a job that isn't being banned from twitter.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5840 on: March 12, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »
+4
His sob story is drawing lots of "aww shucks there's no place like SA" donations from regulars and his patreon is up to $3,300 a month.

Fools and their money.

Aran

• Doxxnet
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Ave Maria Anonymous stormfront Took down a Moderator Goon or Ex-Goon You can't know! Motorcyclist cold, dead hands The Gentry Boy Scout
    • Awards
« Reply #5841 on: March 12, 2019, 05:09:51 PM »
+5
So when are you marks.. I mean... friendly felllows going to start contributing to the SS GoFundMe?

Red Wine at Night, Ambien Delight

• Domestic Threat
  • Awards Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
« Reply #5842 on: March 12, 2019, 07:56:20 PM »
+3
Remember the $20,000 or whatever he raised to move the forums to modern forum software?
Remember ZDR raising like $12,000 to pay for the christmas furlough that he knew was coming for a whole year, saying he was going to spend the two weeks working on the forums and then doing nothing but ban wrongthink?

Yeah, stop remembering them. Lowtax has bills and is too much a of sexhaving jokeman to get a job that isn't being banned from twitter.

The ZDR thing was fucking ridiculous.  Surprised by Christmas, as a contractor.  He's either a mega retard (likely) or it was a massive scam that dumb goons fell for hook line and sinker, with cancerwife thrown in to seal the deal.  Otherwise he's a dumb moron that gets surprised by Christmas with a fucking sick wife.  Then again he does Lowtax's janitorbusywork for free a red star so there's that.

Lowtax is clearly fucking broke and is woe is meing all over the forums and goons are lapping it up.  A few people have had some balls though.

A limp wristed beta faggot managed to stammer this one out (now permabanned for their trouble):

Quote from: CitizenConned" post="493275707
Serious advice: Maybe try being more humble in your life. Reading thiis you sound arrogant and prideful (even including the "self deprecation", where you do not act on these percieved flaws) , to the point where it has cost you almost everything.

Which gave some balls to this one:

Quote from: Guy Mann" post="493280246
Just think, if this site had played its cards right instead of raising over $300,000 for transgender charities Hbomberguy could be streaming Donkey Kong 64 to raise money to pay off the backtaxes and medical bills and alimony of a guy who identifies as libertarian-leaning and destroyed his only source of income in the name of "de-tumblrfying" it.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Who also got to pay the Lowtax neck tax.

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #5843 on: March 12, 2019, 08:11:44 PM »
+2
The ZDR thing was fucking ridiculous.  Surprised by Christmas, as a contractor.  He's either a mega retard (likely) or it was a massive scam that dumb goons fell for hook line and sinker, with cancerwife thrown in to seal the deal.  Otherwise he's a dumb moron that gets surprised by Christmas with a fucking sick wife.  Then again he does Lowtax's janitorbusywork for free a red star so there's that.

It looks like ZDR may have just be using the sobstory to get goon bux to serve as his severance pay.

Bitter Weirdo

• Space Racists
  • Cishet White Male
  • Shitposts by an idiot, full of sound and fury
  • Awards Deplorables Goon or Ex-Goon cold, dead hands old Californian
    • Awards
« Reply #5844 on: March 12, 2019, 10:34:48 PM »
+2
LOL TFR mod Cyrano is E-Begging on Lowtax Behalf:

Quote from: Cyrano4747" post="493304394
Hey everyone, apologies in advance if you see this a few times because I'm going to be spamming it a bit.

Lowtax, our Glorious Leader and the person who keep these forums creeking along, is having more medical problems.  He's got a thread elsewhere dealing with that, but the money issues of keeping the forums going are a big part of it.  :10bux: to be a poster here forever was kind of a broken financial model from the get go.

The dude has a Patreon up.  Originally it was just for some video bullshit but it seems to be SA in general now.  If you enjoy this place and like posting I would really recommend considering throwing a few bucks a month his way. Right now he's drawing ~$3.5k per month via it.  That's peanuts in the grand scheme of internet things but topping it up a bit would mean the world for a dude who SA is still his primary revenue stream.  If we could collectively bump it to even double that it would go a long fucking way to making this place keep ticking.

https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

So throw a few bucks at it if you think SA in general and TFR in particular is a thing that you value and want to keep around.  This isn't to say the forums are looking at getting shut down tomorrow, but its always better to head bullshit off at the pass than deal with it as a crisis.

LOL whatever, faggot. 7K my ass. There's no fucking way hosting costs that much for a dead gay comedy forum whose userbase is a  shadow of its' former self.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:19:59 PM by Bitter Weirdo »

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #5845 on: March 13, 2019, 05:28:47 AM »
+1

Hey everyone, apologies in advance if you see this a few times because I'm going to be spamming it a bit.

Lowtax, our Glorious Leader and the person who keep these forums creeking along, is having more medical problems.  He's got a thread elsewhere dealing with that, but the money issues of keeping the forums going are a big part of it.  :10bux: to be a poster here forever was kind of a broken financial model from the get go.

The dude has a Patreon up.  Originally it was just for some video bullshit but it seems to be SA in general now.  If you enjoy this place and like posting I would really recommend considering throwing a few bucks a month his way. Right now he's drawing ~$3.5k per month via it.  That's peanuts in the grand scheme of internet things but topping it up a bit would mean the world for a dude who SA is still his primary revenue stream.  If we could collectively bump it to even double that it would go a long fucking way to making this place keep ticking.

So throw a few bucks at it if you think SA in general and TFR in particular is a thing that you value and want to keep around.  This isn't to say the forums are looking at getting shut down tomorrow, but its always better to head bullshit off at the pass than deal with it as a crisis.

LOL whatever, faggot. 7K my ass. There's no fucking way hosting costs that much for a dead gay comedy forum whose userbase is a  shadow of its' former self.

Depending on whatever dumbshit hosting service he's picked, I can see the database part costing a lot, considering archives and that forums attachments are a thing plus whatever godawful shit tier hacks Radium did to make it all "work".  The hilarious search function suggests the DB is a big Pile of Shit

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
    • Awards
« Reply #5846 on: March 13, 2019, 06:41:43 AM »
+1

This fucking faggot. SA is making money (somehow) just not enough to let Lowtax be an absentee father to both the forums and his actual children. The :10cucks: and profiting from autist slapfights works, but Lowtax now has to get a job instead of trying to get banned from twitter all day.

Slacktivist

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #5847 on: March 13, 2019, 11:08:58 AM »
+4
A happy ending. The SA patreon is up to 10k a month. Will Rich learn his lesson and actually pay down some of his debt? Will goons honor their monthly commitment or vanish after realizing they could've had an extra vidya?

Well it'll be really god damn funny if dude can't make a dent with his passive income doubling, his patreon quintupling. As always we must thank goons for being particularly dim marks. I guess they don't realize that SA is the last thing Lowtax would ever take down as it is his only income source. Not enough beats nothing at all.

But dangle that carrot and they'll walk the treadmill. At least dude didn't lie about anything this time.

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #5848 on: March 13, 2019, 01:33:38 PM »
+2
So imagine you are LowT and the servers just went down for the last time. The database is gone. The forums are over. SA is no more.

What the fuck kind of a job do you think he could possibly work. That man has breathed the rarefied air of "important internet person" status. Can you see him getting his real estate license? Or waiting tables? He doesn't have the money to start a car dealership or restaurant, like ex football players do. I think he has a degree in something but I'm relatively sure he's never used it in the past 20 years.

So I looked him up and Rich dropped out of a good engineering program to goof off. That has been his M.O. his whole career. Wow.

This is from a Vice article. It is ironic.

"Kyanka: I would wake up and instead of going back to sleep like a normal person I would start writing. Most of the time it would be dumb, but it would be stuff that entertained me. That's all I really cared about. Parody, satire, stuff about...I don't want to say current events, but crappy internet things. I would find a page on horrible, scary dolls and I would review the dolls. Parodies of wonks who were saying the internet was the future without saying, 'Well there could be a possible downside to the internet.' I'm obviously not a visionary, but I predicted that the internet would be shitty back in 1999. Everybody was talking about how the internet was going to revolutionize everything and everything was going to be great, but nobody ever talked about how shitty the internet could also be.

A long time ago, if somebody said they really wanted to fuck a pillow with anime on it, if they went out in public and said that, they would be laughed at. There would be some element of shame. They would keep that inside and say, 'Well, I want to fuck a pillow with anime on it but I can't tell anybody.' But then the internet came along and they could get on a webring or whatever it was back in the day. Go to rec/all/fuckanimepillow or whatever. Then other people would say 'I want to fuck anime pillows, too.' You had this community of people who were very intent on fucking anime pillows. The typical person does not want to fuck a pillow with anime on it. This, of course, was back when fucking anime pillows was fresh and new.

I found it to be very interesting that these subcommunities would sprout up and their numbers would grow and pretty soon it's Pillowfuckers United, Inc. And I found that whole process back then—it was even happening in the usegroup days—I found that whole process incredibly interesting, how the groupthink would manifest itself and increase exponentially over time. It was something that all the media outlets were ignoring at the time."

He talks about groupthink. Awesome.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/nzg4yw/fuck-you-and-die-an-oral-history-of-something-awful

• Domestic Threat
    • Awards
« Reply #5849 on: March 13, 2019, 02:57:40 PM »
+2
Oh shit, redshit abe has barrelled in:

Quote from: Downtown Abey" post="493314713
listen asshole I might not be a mod anymore but YOU DON'T MOD CHALLENGE ME BUCKO

that said, I'm like 17 years overdue on my "goon spends money very questionably on a forums related donation" so I might as well check that final box off the list.

DEAR RICHARD:

we had/have our differences but I genuinely appreciate this dumbass forum & the opportunity you gave me to poorly write stuff about. SA for better or for worse was formative for me, and while there's a fair amount of stuff I really regret posting in retrospect, I am truly grateful to have been a part of the forums. No fucking idea on who or what is posting here now, but the time I was a part of it was largely positive on my professional and personal life, and the friendships I made here are some that are gonna last me for a good long while.

I legitimately hope that no matter what happens with the forums, that we all collectively can agree that Something Awful did some really cool (and really terrible) shit.

Get well dude.

Guess how much Abe just gave Lowtax...