Author Topic: Talk about the new Star Wars movie here.  (Read 27708 times)

J Dog

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Ashli get moving. Why keep your feeble hope alive?
    • Awards
Billy Dee Williams: The Epitome of Cool
« Reply #2000 on: December 01, 2019, 07:38:14 AM »
+4
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/11/billy-dee-williams-identifies-gender-fluid-reveals-acceptance-multiple-pronouns/

At 82 years old, actor Billy Dee Williams is still finding new ways to make himself the epitome of cool.

In a feature profile for Esquire, the man known for playing Lando Calrissian in the Star Wars franchise – a role he’s reprising this winter for Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – talks about how he freely identifies with both he/him/himself and she/her/herself pronouns. It’s not immediately clear if Williams has a clear preference for one set of pronouns or not.

“I never tried to be anything except myself,” Williams said. “I think of myself as a relatively colorful character who doesn’t take himself or herself too seriously.”

Yet, the most surprising detail to arise from the article was Williams’ definition of his gender expression.

“And you see I say ‘himself’ and ‘herself,’ because I also see myself as feminine as well as masculine,” Williams tells Esquire Culture Editor Matt Miller. “I’m a very soft person. I’m not afraid to show that side of myself.”

Miller then tells Williams that Donald Glover, who has also played the now-pansexual character of Lando of late, also discussed embracing fluid gender identity and sexuality in the run up to his appearance in the Star Wars franchise.

Jonathan Kasdan (son of Lawrence Kasdan, screenwriter of several Star Wars films) confirmed in early 2018 that “There’s a fluidity to Donald and Billy Dee’s sexuality” in their portrayals of Lando. “…I would have loved to have gotten a more explicitly LGBT character into this movie. I think it’s time, certainly, for that, and I love the fluidity,” Kasdan told The Huffington Post.

After it became known that Glover’s version of Lando in Solo would identify as pansexual, Glover says that Williams simply told him, “be charming.”

from  :mudd: to :gaylien:

Aran

• Doxxnet
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Ave Maria Anonymous stormfront Took down a Moderator cold, dead hands Goon or Ex-Goon Motorcyclist The Gentry You can't know! Boy Scout
    • Awards
Re: Talk about the new Star Wars movie here.
« Reply #2001 on: December 01, 2019, 07:48:11 AM »
+5
All is

faggot?

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Don't call me a lawyer; I'll call my own!
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #2002 on: December 01, 2019, 12:12:38 PM »
+6
You can tell when a black actor has moved on to (((white))) friends because they don't care what black people think of them anymore. All those brothers who thought Billy Dee was the shit in the 70s and 80s are flippin' they weave now that Billy Dee a punk.
Yes, that is me in court with my enormous penis.

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #2003 on: December 01, 2019, 08:56:00 PM »
+4
Oooh. That's fucking nasty.

Not even lucas or disney to blame at this point. Star Wars must be cosmically doomed.

♪All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO
BED
FOREVER

open-source jihad

• Enemy Of The State
  • *Throws GNU-male off balcony*
    • Awards
« Reply #2004 on: December 07, 2019, 04:02:58 PM »
+3
Update: They fucking lied.
It was pretty strange hearing that sort of crap came from a black dude. No suprise it was BS.

You'd better run, better run, out run my gun♫
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet♫
open-source jihad OFFICIAL YouTube intro!!! (CLICK HERE)
Tranny kill count:

TO GO TO
BED
FOREVER

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! cold, dead hands Better dead than red Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2005 on: December 07, 2019, 06:37:42 PM »
+1
I checked my theater's website again, and it looks like they've still only sold just shy of 1/3 of their opening night tickets. The later showing is particularly sad, sitting at just under 1/4 of available seats sold.

Edit: I compared the numbers to my earlier post. They've sold 49 tickets since October 22nd, so about one a day. Oof. The 10 AM Friday showing, the first one after the big premiere night, has sold 10 tickets. The 10 AM Saturday showing - assuming people might wait for the weekend - has sold 4. The two Saturday night showings have sold a combined 10.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 06:43:18 PM by Backpfeifengesicht »
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards Fucked a lesbian You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! old cold, dead hands Something Wonderful Prepper The Gentry Motorcyclist Wounded in the line of posting. Sasstronaut Goon or Ex-Goon TNE Veteran Libertarian For Dixie's land we'll take our stand!
    • Awards
« Reply #2006 on: December 07, 2019, 10:16:48 PM »
+2
How are they not firing every person at Disney, from the CEO to the chick in the Daisy Duck costume at Disneyland?

The Watcher

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards Rethuglikkkan Better dead than red Scrooge Wounded in the line of posting. Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2007 on: December 08, 2019, 07:51:20 AM »
+2
How are they not firing every person at Disney, from the CEO to the chick in the Daisy Duck costume at Disneyland?
Saving face, denying that there is a problem.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:58:04 AM by The Watcher »
His name was AOA

Whig Historian

• Cishet White Male
    • Awards
« Reply #2008 on: December 08, 2019, 01:47:18 PM »
+1
Agency problem.

Morty Doom

• Unperson
    • Awards
« Reply #2009 on: December 08, 2019, 04:23:09 PM »
+3

I have no doubts it’s all still turning a profit. Just not ungodly absurd profits.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards old Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2010 on: December 08, 2019, 09:22:58 PM »
+6
It's technically tuning a profit, but they paid $5 Billion for the privilege of those profits. 

Ghostse

• 5000 Posters Club
  • ❨❨❨Tax-o-tron❩❩❩
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great!
    • Awards
« Reply #2011 on: December 09, 2019, 04:41:11 AM »
+1
It's technically tuning a profit, but they paid $5 Billion for the privilege of those profits.

Manchildren still buying toys, just not like they used to. Movies ain't doing so hot. Mandalorian is getting good press and possibly getting some eyeballs over to D+, but it just burning cash, something like 10 mil an episode I think?

To answer Rocket's question, the answer is Disney can afford to play the waiting game. Why buy out KK's contract, pay that money and deal with the backlash, when you just wait for it to expire?

Kenner was making enough on Star Wars toys, absent ANY movie or TV, to keep the fuckers on the shelves until they got bought by Hasbro and someone forgot to renew the license in the late 90s (and then right after, for some reason, we got the prequels. Hmmmm :adam:)  Seems likely Disney will just do that.

Rocket

• Cosmonauts
  • 5000 Posters Club
    • Awards
« Reply #2012 on: December 09, 2019, 08:07:25 AM »
Kenner made the good stuff.

Handyman

• Cishet White Male
  • Awards old Goon or Ex-Goon Deplorables Wounded in the line of posting. United Statesian The Gentry Better dead than red
    • Awards
« Reply #2013 on: December 09, 2019, 03:36:31 PM »
+1

Manchildren still buying toys, just not like they used to. Movies ain't doing so hot. Mandalorian is getting good press and possibly getting some eyeballs over to D+, but it just burning cash, something like 10 mil an episode I think?

To answer Rocket's question, the answer is Disney can afford to play the waiting game. Why buy out KK's contract, pay that money and deal with the backlash, when you just wait for it to expire?

Kenner was making enough on Star Wars toys, absent ANY movie or TV, to keep the fuckers on the shelves until they got bought by Hasbro and someone forgot to renew the license in the late 90s (and then right after, for some reason, we got the prequels. Hmmmm :adam:)  Seems likely Disney will just do that.

Toys related to the new trilogy aren’t being bought at all. 

Backpfeifengesicht

• 5000 Posters Club
  • Awards You're Great...No, YOU'RE Great! Deplorables Anonymous Methodist For Dixie's land we'll take our stand! cold, dead hands Better dead than red Texan Goon or Ex-Goon
    • Awards
« Reply #2014 on: Today at 01:31:24 AM »
+1

:tom:
Quote from: George Lincoln Rockwell
The Conservatives have a slogan which I think is despicable and defeatist: "It's better to be dead than red." And the Commies and Liberals have a slogan which is even worse, it's treason, they say: "It's better to be red than dead." We say this: "You don't have to be Red and you don't have to be Dead. Not dead. Not Red. Dead Reds"