Author Topic: The Corporate Virtue Signaling Megathread: Cuz Feelz Over Realz  (Read 31411 times)

Justice Dredd

• Original Patients
  • Cishet White Male
  • Resident Physician and Expert Warlock
  • Awards cold, dead hands Something Wonderful TNE Veteran Goon or Ex-Goon Wounded in the line of posting.
    • Awards
Re: The Corporate Virtue Signaling Megathread: Cuz Feelz Over Realz
« Reply #575 on: March 09, 2019, 07:26:29 PM »
+11
the ads are bizarre and sad. particularly the one that removes the husband and a homemade dinner, and replaces it with a woman eating chinese takeout by herself with her dog. someone really didn't spend more than two seconds thinking about the pathetic implications of a woman drinking alone with chinese food.

adolf spacey

• Enemy Of The State
  • $10 Richer
    • Awards
Re: The Corporate Virtue Signaling Megathread: Cuz Feelz Over Realz
« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2019, 09:03:11 AM »
+11
the ads are bizarre and sad. particularly the one that removes the husband and a homemade dinner, and replaces it with a woman eating chinese takeout by herself with her dog. someone really didn't spend more than two seconds thinking about the pathetic implications of a woman drinking alone with chinese food.

It makes sense from a business perspective. Normalizing drinking alone means Budweiser sells more beer. The sad part is people think there’s nothing wrong with being childless and alone, drinking by yourself and eating poorly as long as they perceive it as socially acceptable. They get their notion of whether or not it’s acceptable from advertising, and then if a friend or acquaintance expresses concern it’s “shaming”. Blocked, defriended.
The fact that I never gave Lowtax my money is a personal point of pride for me.